Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Jesus enters Jerusalem

I am reading near the end of the Savior's life, the last week before he is crucified, his death and resurrection. As I am reading the story of his entry into Jerusalem upon the back of a donkey, I reflect upon what it must of been to be there that day amongst the crowd. Would I of recognized the Savior for who he was the Master and Son of God and joined in with the many people their that greeted him in shouts of "Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest." (Matthew 21)

I ponder upon this idea that do we really see things the way they truly are? Can we see the greatest of God in a world of turmoil and unrest? Can we count our many blessings and praise the Lord for life and the choice that we have to follow His footsteps and one day rest from this world and live with our Father in Heaven in peace in the next?

The LDS institute guide proposed these thought provoking questions,

"If you had been in Jerusalem during the last week of the Savior’s ministry, would you have been among the few to welcome him or among the many who misunderstood? Will the majority understand when the Savior makes his great triumphal entry at his second coming? Will you?"

Now is the time to prepare to meet God, to feast upon the words of Christ, to come unto Him, to make the choice to follow the Savior, to choose to having eternal life or not. Like we have been teaching the primary children this year, the choice is yours, will you choose to follow the Savior??

No comments:

Post a Comment