At the beginning of 2011, I set a goal to wake up at 6am every morning and read the scriptures and not just read them but really study and "feast upon the words of Christ." (2 Ne. 32:3) You have to understand that I am not a morning person. In high school, when I had to get up early for seminary at 5:30am, it was a struggle that I know my mom can attest too. Needless to say, this was going to be a challenge. I knew how important it was to read the scriptures since like the rest of the scripture states in Nephi that "...the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do." So I wrote down my goal and then I prayed like crazy every night that I would be able to get up early which meant that my 12am nights of work had to stop so that I could get enough time to sleep. I really wanted to test the scripture that says, "retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated." (D&C 88:124)
As I retired early and woke up early, I truly did find that my mind was more active and able to understand the scriptures more fully. I have felt a closeness with my Savior that I have never felt before as I have poured over the scriptures each morning. It is like filling up your car full of gas so you don't run out on your way to work. This is what my morning study time does for me, it fills me with the spirit so that I can find peace and happiness in a world of turmoil. I know you too can feel the spirit more in your heart and home as you take time to study the scriptures for they truly have the answers that we are seeking for.
Here's an awesome promise from Elder L. Tom Perry, Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ. He said, “May the Lord bless each of us with the desire to study and know and grow in a knowledge of the scriptures. May you find them to be a guide and a source of power. May they direct you to the eternal good that we are all seeking here in mortality and in the worlds to come. I promise you that the scriptures will lead you to life eternal.” (The Scriptures and the Restoration, Nov 2003)
Join me as we explore the scriptures and find the hidden treasures that are waiting to be found in the pages of the words of Christ.
Let's go girl! :)
ReplyDeleteU must get more time in your day there in PHL...u do so much!
ReplyDelete