Before we jump into the King James Version of the Holy Bible, I wanted to share some thoughts and a video with you this week as we get ready to read one of the most precious books that we have in existence. Last year, we celebrated the 400th anniversary of the translation of the Holy Bible from Greek and Hebrew scripts. I found some great videos that I will post throughout the week that talk about how, what and why the bible came about.
I started really studying the Old Testament from "the beginning" last year. Of course, I have read a lot of the bible, but I had never started in Genesis and read the entire book so I decided to do this last year not realizing that it would also be the 400th anniversary of the translation of the King James Version of the Bible. Through my studies, I have found a dear friend within the pages of the bible.
When you think of the word friend, what comes to mind? To me this is a person who we know well, we understand their likes and dislikes, we enjoy their company and spend time together developing that friendship. Just as a friendship takes work and time to develop, we too must work at understanding and setting aside time to study and become familiar with Bible. As we study and feast upon its words, we will come to feel closer to our Savior and we will discover our purpose here on earth. We become friends not only with the Savior of which this book testifies of, but of the prophets of old. I am grateful for their sacrifice in writing their stories and experiences as well as to the sacrifice of those that made it possible to be translated and given to the people so that I too might receive the strength and knowledge that comes from the holy bible.
No comments:
Post a Comment